Tuesday 2 June 2020

My Child Hood Poem

My eating. My sleeping.
My water fight. My yellow kite,
My "yay". My holiday.
My lockdown. My "I want a gown".
My school. My pool.
My Dad. My days sad.
My Mum. My days fun.
My yummy food. My angry mood.
My " I'm tired". My bomb fire.
My road trips. My tramp flips.
My losing my teddy bear. My "It's not fair!"
My shopping. My bunny hopping.
My baking. My sick faking.
My getting dizzy. My " Oh no! My hair is frizzy!"
My "STOP". My lollipop.
My bunny poo. My slimy goo.
My birthday cake. My "sorry I just ate".
My "ugh I want to go home!" My "Oh no where is my phone?!?"
My sanitize. my "I need exercise".


This week for Poetry we had to make our own *My* poem. First, we had to get together all 40 memories and then put 2 in each line and try to make them rhyme. I chose to do my whole childhood. I found this activity pretty challenging because the hardest part was trying to find short sentences that ryhme.



3 comments:

  1. hi clara i like your poem keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clara your poem is super cool.That poem is how I felt about the lockdown and going back to school.Did you have writing that poem what was your favourite part of that poem?Maybe next time you could write a blurb about that poem you did.
    Kyvana at Ahipara school

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi clara the poem is nice but maybe add a little more detail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.